And before I continue to recount the past few days, let me also say (especially to our dear friends and family members who tend to worry a great deal about us- you know who you are) that Lisa and I are A-OK. We have, however, hit a little bump in the road (pun intended) as is bound to happen on such an adventure. The bottom line is we had a little accident, one that caused some stress and some logistical challenges, but one that we have overcome. We are still truckin'. And now I will spare you all the details and drama and move onto the Austin update.
I LOVE Austin. To start, it is the home of my oldest and bestest friend whom I have known and loved from the time we were 11. After a travel delay due to I10 shutting down for two hours while Lisa and I sat on a bridge talking to locals in the swamps of LA, we arrived to Alissa's great little neighborhood called SOCO. She and her awesome friends truly rolled out the red carpet for us, and we spent 3 nights enjoying all of their company, many degrees and talents, hospitality and hilarity. Every meal we had was delicious, whether it was DK Sushi or a $2 taco from a questionably sanitary roadside stand. The little bar next door to Alissa's, Trophy's, was a great music spot where I heard everything from punk to rock-a-billy, all while drinking extremely cheap canned Lone Star beer. Klassy!
We also could not go to Austin without getting a little taste of the local soccer scene of which Alissa is an integral part. Having spent many weekends over the last few years watching Morgan and Seanie and other 4-8 year olds play soccer, it was a refreshing change to watch people who are actually cognizant of the rules and regulations of the sport. Conversely, both groups do seem to fall down equally as often.
Anyway, Austin rocks in more ways than I even expected, which is saying a lot. Looking at the brightest side of our mishap, it will land us back in Austin next weekend and me back again in about 2 weeks- not exactly a bad thing if you ask me!
Love to all!
Lisa--call me @ home or call school. All good stuff. :o)
ReplyDeleteHave fun, Girls! Miss ya!
-j